As a Maintenance Supervisor, you will:
- Supervise hourly maintenance employees to ensure completion of preventative maintenance and failure maintenance activities.
- Work with plant operations personnel to support daily production goals.
- Work with plant maintenance engineer and shift lead to manage the 3rd shift maintenance department.
- Utilize plant work order system to plan maintenance activities during production and non-production times.
- Assist maintenance manager in managing weekend projects with outside contractors.
- Assist maintenance personnel in trouble shooting of issues on plant equipment.
- Work with quality assurance in facility to ensure all equipment meets QA and USDA guidelines for food safety.
- NOTE: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- 7 to 10 years manufacturing maintenance experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven experience of supervising, planning, and scheduling hourly maintenance personnel.
- Working knowledge of refrigeration systems, steam and hot water generation systems.
- Experience in utilizing computerized maintenance management systems to deploy maintenance strategies.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, with a strong preference towards food manufacturing/processing.
- Previous maintenance experience in a USDA inspected beef, pork, or poultry facility.
- Strong Knowledge and troubleshooting of refrigeration, conveyors, HVAC, hydraulics, compressed air systems, electrical systems, and equipment utilized in food processing.
- Must be able to effectively communicate in English (speaking, reading, and writing).