As Wastewater Technician, you will:
- Perform daily oiling and greasing to ensure equipment operates efficiently and effectively.
- Perform daily chemical drawdowns and conduct jar tests to measure and monitor parts per million (PPM) of chemical dosage.
- Clean probes and perform daily probe calibrations to ensure they are within the acceptable PH ranges; document PH levels.
- Visually monitor water speed and chemical delivery to GEM , document findings every 60 minutes; troubleshoot and make chemistry, flow, and air adjustments as necessary.
- Visually inspect and check pumps for proper output.
- Oversee chemical delivery to wastewater
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed.
- Use pallet jack to change out fat combos and wash out empty combos (as needed).
- Monitor incoming water pit and holding pit levels.
- Complete required paperwork (GEM log, PH log, chemical log, water quality, etc.)
- Monitor chemical usage and inventory at wastewater treatment plant order chemicals as needed in a timely manner.
- Maintain pumps and equipment in wastewater
- NOTE: this description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be able to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Must be able to work in a variety of work temperatures cold, wet, or damp environment with slippery surfaces at varied heights in and around moving equipment and parts.
- Ability to work extended scheduled hours Monday through Saturday with daily overtime. Must be able to work overtime as required. Start times and hours vary based on production needs.
- Must be able to successfully complete training:
- Safe Quality Food (SQF).
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP).
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Food defense.
- Lock out/Tag out.
- Prior production experience.
- Diploma or GED.
- Work history in the last 12 months.