- Inspect incoming bulkers and empty railcar bins, clean and repair as necessary.
- Set pellet transfers:
- End of lines to QC bins.
- QC bins to silos, RC bins, etc.
- Silos to bulkers and other locations
- Set and maintain pellet blend backs to end of lines.
- Assist Operator with vacuum loads from bulkers, silos, and RC bins.
- Maintain pellet production lines, separate strands, adjust air dryers, clean choppers, empty buckets, etc.
- Assist operators and shift leaders during plant upsets.
- Segregate scrap, maintain scrap boxes, keep floors clean and swept.
- Set and maintain flow of wax at end of lines, as needed. Know what’s running.
- Prepare railcars and track for switches. Work with railroad to execute safe and orderly switches.
- Maintain silos in clean and safe condition. Sweep or vacuum pellets. Clean up dust
- Blend pellets as directed to make prime product.
- Maintain loading and transfer hoses in neat and organized fashion.
- Clean railcars as required including sweep down and/or wash out.
- Run all end of line lab tests rigorously. Clean and maintain lab equipment in excellent working order. (Zinc test, fines test, melts, pellet weights)
- Read and follow nightly instructions every shift. Read log book every shift.
- Keep plant clean and organized. Put away brooms, shovels, hammers, scrapers, etc. as you go.
- Maintain QC bin operation with special care on where pellets go.
- Fill box orders as required.
- Complete all required paperwork neatly and completely.
- Extra cleaning on weekends and nights. There is always something to clean.
- Assist with inventories as requested.
- Dump boxes to Mix Silo system, making sure no foreign material in box or on pallet.