A Few Key Responsibilities of the Material Handler positions that are needed are listed below. Material Handlers are not just sitting down and driving a forklift all day.
· Transports Gaylord pallet boxes and mixes plastic materials to ensure all workstations have sufficient raw materials and supplies at all times.
· Transports finished goods to the appropriate warehouse storage areas and shipping staging areas in a timely fashion.
· Properly wraps, labels and prepares all of the skids for shipping.
· Records raw material lot numbers for each work station.
· Proactively transports, organizes, and arranges gaylords, scrap, skids, plastic bags, cardboard, and other materials as necessary.
· Grinds scrap and sprues, as necessary, and ensures the quality of the material by eliminating contamination.
· Properly cleans dryer filters regularly.
· Notifies the production manager of any material issues, such as a material quality issue or if any materials or supplies are low in stock.
· Performs and documents daily forklift inspection and communicates concerns or mechanical issues to the production manager.
· Operates and maintains a safe and clean work environment while complying with 5S standards.
· Serves as a backup for the packers, as necessary.
- 1-3 years prior warehouse experience
- Prior forklift training and/or previous certification required