Primary Duties Include:
- Answer telephone and greet walk in customers.
- Provide quotes and estimates.
- Create work orders and order any material that is not in stock to complete orders received.
- Follow up daily with quoted jobs to see if decisions have been made.
- Contact auto body shops regularly to increase amount of auto glass work.
- Complete all auto glass work to include: windshield, back glass, side glass and mirrors on regular and commercial vehicles.
- Complete custom orders which may include: Rescreening, sash repair / reglazing, storm repair, picture frame repair, table tops, mirrors, misc. cut glass, new storm windows and screens, etc.
- Wash company vehicles according to given schedule.
- Check in packages delivered from UPS & Fed Ex.
- Keep Shop area clean and organized to include: sweep floors, empty trash, clean work areas.
- Complete weekly reports to be submitted to management.
Skills Needed for Position:
- Ability to use hand and power tools necessary to cut and install glass.
- Capability of reading a tape measure to 16ths and 32nds.
- Physical ability to lift, maneuver and set heavy glass.
- Excellent customer service skills including phone etiquette and face to face interaction.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills. Ability to get things done as promised, on time!
- Willingness to do all above tasks including others as given.
- Basic computer and typing skills including previous use of MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Strong basic math skills to provide quick and accurate quotes.
- Employment background in glass or similar environment is preferred. (Customer service and hands on mechanical ability are both very essential to this position.)