Reports to: The Press Operator reports to the Production Supervisor.
Job Summary for Press Operators: Press Operators operate presses and assemble parts and products to meet the needs of internal and external customers. Conform to all customer requirements by performing defect-free work and continuously improving our process and effectiveness of our quality management system.
Responsibilities of the Press Operator are, but are not limited too;
- Safely operate all presses and assembly equipment
- Obey safety procedures and work in a safe manner
- Assemble and fabricate parts to meet customer requirements
- Clean parts. (Brush off parts and perform minor cleaning, clean out punches and shake out slugs on certain parts, and clean gaskets to meet customer specs).
- Perform in-process quality checks and pull out parts that do not meet specifications, gauging parts as necessary
- Prepare boxes, labels, tags, tickets, etc. and stack, bag or box parts
- Complete production paperwork by recording production quantities, scrap, etc. and collect appropriate data per work instructions or task
- Be a team player and assist co-workers as needed
- Participate in employee involvement programs
- Maintain a clean work area
- Lift and load materials using a hoist
- Support and participate in the lean manufacturing process
Qualifications for the Press Operator are, but are not limited too;
- Ability to learn press operation and assembly processes.
- Basic reading and math skills are required.
- Ability to work overtime, as production needs might require both after regular scheduled shifts and on weekends.
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel, bend and stoop is required for 8+ hours a day. Ability to lift and carry 50lbs repetitively is required for this position as well.
- Ability to work in a team and focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to learn to use appropriate measuring devices
- Previous experience with a hoist is a plus!
- Previous die-cutting, assembly, press operator and/or automotive experience is preferred.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment is preferred.