JOB TITLE: Press Operator
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Operate automatic, transfer and robotic stamping presses. Conduct required quality inspections, use Plex to enter information required for production, including down time events, scrap activity, inventory control transaction, etc.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports to shift Production Supervisor
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires frequent bending, stooping, stretching, prolonged standing. May be required to lift up to 25 pounds continuously throughout an eight (8) hour shift. Requires normal vision and hearing range. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is primarily performed in a factory environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate production machinery or other production related functions. Set up jobs based on the daily production schedule by utilizing the set up sheets in Plex, report any needed changes to the shift supervisor.
- Follow packaging instructions as provided in Plex. If instructions are not available contact the shift supervisor.
- Inspect for quality of product as required. Maintain and enter information into Plex. Report any problems with fixtures, samples, or instructions to the quality department.
- Communicate to supervisors and managers any problems, issues, or concerns with press, feed line, tooling or any auxiliary equipment.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area. Return tools to the designated tooling shadow boards.
- Perform duties in a safe manner with attention to quality. Ensure press keys are not left in controls and PPE requirements are adhered to at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED required. Previous press experience required.
- Knowledge of inspection and quality measurement devices, including micrometers, calipers, etc. Some blueprint reading knowledge required.
- Steel-toe shoes, safety glasses and hearing protection are required when performing duties in production areas. Other appropriate PPE, such as gloves, may be required.